Monday, October 26, 2009

It's Pumpkin Time !

Time for the kids to carve some scary pumpkins again.
you know what that means to me ?
Some good pumpkin butter,
just like apple butter, and easy to make


After the kids clean the guts and seed out of the pumpkins, take a spoon and scrape the inner walls to get as much meat as you can. This will not only reward you with precious butter, but make the carving easy for the kids. The recipe has never been written for me, but I have used 1/2 cup cider to 1 cup pumpkin in a crock pot on low for 10 hours/overnight. I had 5 cups of pumpkin when I was done scraping.
I add cinnamon and allspice to taste, and with this batch, I did add 1/4 cup splenda

Nothing better on a piece of toast in the morning, and good with peanut butter too !

7 comments:

SmartShopIt said...

Making pumpkin butter and roasting the seeds are a great way to make use of everything in the pumpkin.

Find a Smart Buy prices, product comparisons, nutritional information and coupons at SmartShopIt.com for pumpkins and squash.

Cruise Addict said...

Mmmm sounds pretty good, do you deliver??

jude8753 said...

I've never heard of pumpkin butter, but it sounds good, we love apple butter.

Ann said...

I always used to like apple butter, haven't had it in years. So pumpkin butter sounds delicious

Tracy said...

Never heard of this; thanks for the idea

Margie and Edna said...

That pumpkin butter sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

i have no experience with pumpkin at all but this recipe seems to be so delicious!!!