Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sausage Casserole

This is my brothers dish, so I give him the credit. You will need..

1 lbs sausage

1 small onion

1 cup corn muffin mix

1 egg

1 1/2 cup cream corn

1 1/2 cup sour cream

1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese

8x12 baking dish



In a skillet, brown the medium onion with some butter. I added some chopped garlic to the mix. When caramelized, remove from pan and set aside


Next, while the pan is still hot, brown the sausage. In a separate bowl, mix cream corn, corn muffin mix, fried onion, and egg. spoon into greased baking dish



Spoon sour cream over raw mixture, and add cooked sausage and cheese




Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30minutes. I put the broiler on for about 5 minutes after that to brown the cheese a little. Give it a try and tell me what you think !

No comments: