Monday, March 23, 2009

Uncle Sam

Walking through Wal-Mart this weekend, I made a swing into the grocery section to get a few things. Cereal was one of the things on my list, and since I was coming off my honey nut Cheerios kick, I started to browse the 40+ feet, 3 shelf high display of cold breakfast cereals.
I was set on something new and something healthy, and I came across this stuff
I saw toasted whole wheat flakes & flaxseed in large type. I saw it had 10 grams of fiber and omega 3 fatty acids. I thought " yeah, this stuff is like doctor food "
It was not untill this morning when I opened the box and poured the first bowl that I realized this was no raisin bran. I looked at the front of the box to try and match the picture with what I had poured into my bowl and it was then I noticed the additional writing on the box that claimed this stuf was a natural laxitive
I scratched my head and thought what the heck. I added the milk and took a bite and soon realized that I would need a couple packetts of splenda. It turned out to be pretty good, and the flaxseed gives it a pretty good crunch
This being my first journey into the mega fiber cereal world, it was a pleasent one. The thought still lingers in the back of my mind about the laxitive capability of the cereal, but I guess after 40+ years, I should start get used to it now

No comments: