Thursday, September 18, 2008

Is It Cake, Crunch, Crisp, Or Cobbler ?

I don't know what to call it , but it is fantastic. I have never made this before, but I'm glad I did. The whole name thing started when my cousin posted the recipe for this in her weekly newspaper column, and she called it Pumpkin Crisp. My brother told me it is called Dump Cake. My neighbor ate a piece, and he said his mom calls it Pumpkin, or whatever base you use, Crunch. Let me tell you how to make it, and then you can tell me.
First, for your base, you need 1 large can of pumpkin pie filling. You can also use apple, cherry, peach, etc.
Add in 3 eggs, 3/4 cups of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Mix well and pour into a 8 X 10 cake pan
Over the top, shake on 1 package dry yellow cake mix and cover filling, but leave loose
pour 1 stick melted butter over the top, and add chopped walnuts and shredded coconut to the top if you like, you can be creative here.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour

Now you can eat this warm, like my wife and I did last night, and it is great. I refrigerated it and we cut some tonight, and it was even better cold. This stuff is easy to make, and it tastes like you really put some time in it. Give it a try and tell me what you think

1 comment:

Missy said...

Looks really tasty.