Friday, September 26, 2008

Potato Soup

A cold rainy day here for me, and that means potato soup. Have you ever made it ? My Uncle made it this way when I was a kid, and I have done it like this ever since



Wash and cut into big chunks a 5lbs bag of potatoes. Put into your pot and boil for about 20 mins.








cut the heat down to a simmer, and crumble in 2 cans of corned beef. Trust me















Chop a small onion and add to the soup








Add some cut celery











Take your peeler and and add some carrot slivers into also. Add salt and pepper to taste









Let it simmer for about 30mins, and then add 2 cans evaporated milk. Regular milk will work OK if you do not have any




Depending on your taste, you can leave it a little thin, or I use instant potatoes to thicken it up some







Fry some grilled cheese sandwiches up and you have a great dinner. Also, do not worry about the remaining soup, It gets better as it gets older so the leftovers always get eaten



No comments: