Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cheeseburger in paridise

I am a fan of burgers. I can honestly say I have never had a bad on, although some were way better than others. Fried, grilled, broiled, or any other way, I love them. We were out doing some errends yesterday and I had remembered the ad for the BK steakhouse burger, so when we passed a BK on the way home, I hit the drive thru. The key, I think, to getting quality at a fast food place is to stop in during the off peak times because the food is not rushed to be assembled and thrown out the window to you. I pulled off to the side and unwrapped my sandwich and the first thing I noticed was how big it was. It was very impressive. It had some kind of steak sauce on it, lettuce and tomato, and those fried onions that come in a can. It was great. I think it is one of the better burger ideas that BK has come up with in a while. I paired it with some sweet tea and some onion rings, and then made sure I had the number to my cardologist on speed dial. This burger is really worh a try so don't miss out. untill next time, I'll have the........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am going to have to get me one of those burgers. It sounds good and the commercials do make it look good.

I prefer to make my own.. we grill all the time in my house.

We use black angus beef to make the patties with some crushed black peppercorn pepper, sea salt and garlic powder added in and we only flip once.

Then we toss the buns on the grill for a second or two adding a little brush of virgin olive oil on it to give it nice grill marks.

Then we add lettuce, tomato, sliced avocados and your choice of either swiss or pepperjack cheese (placed on the meat during last minute of grilling).

It's good with mayo but the taste is so good you don't really need ketchup or mustard.

It's good eaten with homemade fries or lays chips.